Pardon our dust! We are building a new website to wow you! Be patient with us!
Covid-19 Safety Measures
We are all living in a unique and challenging time as we deal with the health impacts associated with the coronavirus. We have implemented several steps to help increase the safety of our employees and visitors. Those steps include:
- Our staff members will greet you wearing their masks and ask you to do the same. If you do not have a mask, we will offer you one that you can keep.
- Restrooms, door knobs, counters, and more will be disinfected often during the day in all buildings. Outside activities, such as atlatl throwing and corn grinding, will continue and we will be stringent in keeping all tools clean.
- Our guided tours will be kept small, only one family or group with a guide, and our guides will adhere to accepted social distancing practices.
- We have removed chairs from the Betty Buche Roby Boehnen Technology Center so that visitors can socially distance themselves while watching our introductory video.
- The reconstructed lodge will be closed to visitors but you will be able to look inside the lodge from its entrance and exit. This was a difficult decision because we know that everyone loves to tour the lodge. The lodge is an enclosed small space, and with its myriad of surfaces (wood, furs, stone) it would be extremely difficult to disinfect. For your safety and that of our staff members, we chose to temporarily close the structure.
- Tours of the Thomsen Center Archeodome, where the excavation site is located, will remain relatively unchanged. All surfaces in the Archeodome will be disinfected daily.
Nothing is more important to the Prehistoric Indian Village than our visitors, employees and supporters. We want to reassure you that we will do everything to give you the best experience possible when you visit us. We look forward to seeing you!